GimmickCity – Give them some feedback

August 28, 2009 · Posted in General, Links, Videos

Hello PinoyLifers. Someone forwarded an email with a link to a website called Gimmick City.  It’s claiming to be the “Hottest Web TV Show”.

In the email from Giovi Zamora and his awesome hairpiece, he wrote:

“We are pre launching our Web TV can you please watch our show at www.gimmickcity.com and your comment and suggestion would be greatly appreciated” (grammar not corrected for your enjoyment)

So folks, I’m not commenting. I’m here to help Giovi and that’s where you come in.  Take a look at the video and if you are so compelled or moved by it, please share your thoughts in the comments section.  Thank you all for helping do God’s work.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • del.icio.us
  • TwitThis
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon

Comments

9 Responses to “GimmickCity – Give them some feedback”

1. darleene on August 28th, 2009 8:34 am

This video’s nearly 11 minutes long! That’s already a bad sign.

2. SusMariJosep! on August 28th, 2009 6:30 pm

Whoa, who are these amateurs?!

3. A Very Opinionated Pinoy Dude on September 3rd, 2009 2:42 am

Dunno why a web magazine show needs four hosts, but:

Giovi: He’s obviously on the wrong side of the camera.

Gandi: Are you SURE you’re not that auntie of mine who refuses to believe she’s over 40? Because I SWEAR I saw you at my last family party…hitting on my 20-year old nephew on the other side of the family.

Ditas: What is your purpose here again?

Liza: Fobby, but I’d still hit it.

4. Mike Gonzales on September 4th, 2009 6:54 pm

i think it is a very good show with a lot of potential

5. Gino Gorospe on September 4th, 2009 6:57 pm

the comment # 3 is so harsh i believe na kulang sa pansin iyon nag comment na iyon at walang magawa sa buhay. You can see it his way of writing that he has no taste and class sa madaling salita geto ang dating. That kind of personality madalas nasa banyo dahil walang nagpapansin sa kanya.

6. Objective Look on September 22nd, 2009 12:04 am

this is definitely for the older crowd. I would work on making it simpler, funnier, shorter.

7. Objective Look on September 22nd, 2009 12:46 am

And also, I feel that, while his approach was harsh, Pinoy Dude was being honest and realistic. it’s tough out there to produce a web mag and you have to either have a niche, be extremely catchy, or produce something with very high quality. Gimmick City has to understand that most people who are not your friends would not sit and watch the whole thing or likely more than 5 seconds; and many would be thinking similar things to what PD said.

You think that his comments were tasteless, wait til you get comments from racist people or pot stirrers. If you put yourself out there, grow a thicker skin. Take criticism for what it’s worth and improve. Good luck!

8. earl on September 22nd, 2009 3:37 pm

Mmmm… if I could provide a few constructive points:

well, I suppose it’s be better to know what your target audience is. I can, however, speak on what my personal feelings about the video are.

1) It really is too long. It seems the ideal length for internet content these days is sub-5 minutes, especially if you want people to sit and watch the entire thing. Ideally, a 2.5min video works best, imho. I mean, the graphic intro by itself is 45 seconds. I’d say that should be 10-15 seconds, max. Maybe you could have done 1 event per episode?

2) Having more than 2 correspondents on the screen is really hard to watch. This is simply because it splits the viewers’ focus and reduces the amount of time each correspondent has on-screen. This makes establishing rapport tough, and rapport is very important to this type of show. Basically, if the viewer feels like they can’t identify with the correspondents, why are they gonna keep watching? What I’m saying is that each correspondent needs ample screen time for the viewer to identify their qualities and assign a personality label on them. (e.g. the spunky one, the crazy host, or the host that always talks about dancing/drinking/partying, or whatever).

3) Music: Having it underscore the entire video like this is a bit distracting. I kinda lose what your hosts are saying because the music is so obtrusive. It would be better if the music was used more sparingly to punctuate moments within the video, rather than provide a constant throughline.

That’s all!

Hopefully I’ve been of some help!

9. castle clash hacks on May 7th, 2014 11:09 am

Quality posts is the crucial to invite the viewers to pay
    a quick visit the site, that’s what this web
    page is providing.