This is why we’re hot

February 27, 2009 · Posted in Food, General, Photos

Hello Pinoylifers.  I did some shopping at the local Filipino supermarket the other day and I wanted to share this with you.

chicharon1

Yes folks, chicha-f’n-ron.  Just in case you can’t read those magical ingredients on the front of the bag…

chicharon_ingredients

Mmmm… Pork Back Fat Skin + Salt + MSG = PINOY PRIDE!!!

Have a great Lent.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • del.icio.us
  • TwitThis
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon

Comments

7 Responses to “This is why we’re hot”

1. Random Ninja on February 27th, 2009 10:52 am

I’m giving up healthy food for lent. So I’ll go and get this.

2. Ben Nondo on February 27th, 2009 10:58 am

I’ve seen the Made in China knock-off version at 99 Ranch and it includes melamine and mercury.

3. richard "praise the LARD!" move on February 27th, 2009 1:14 pm

let’s keep in mind that this is the PREMIUM line.

their standard line probably has “various processed animal-derived by-products”.

“wass dat, da hoo-hoo-hoo, an urangootun? I ATE DAT!”

4. Homer Singson on February 27th, 2009 7:25 pm

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

5. tetro on March 3rd, 2009 9:15 pm

Call me when this is comparable to the Mexican chicharron that’s dripping from the deep fryers. Yeah, the one that when you rub on a wall will make it transparent.

6. Normand The Gourmand on March 5th, 2009 12:59 pm

Bonjour! Je suis Normand Villieux, un host show tv culinaire en France. I like very much your posting about chicharon Philippine. I enjoy very much. I also enjoy very much similar in Espana, Cuba and Italia but, for me ze best pig skin fry I have enjoy is in Saudi Arabia, Haifa and Islamabad. C’est fantastique! I hope you can try some aussi. Merci beaucoup from France!

7. Ron.D on March 10th, 2009 2:52 am

Moonie broke out the chicaron!!! just for that I’m reading pinoylife.com more often now! When are you on Kababayan LA again? What will Janelle be wearing?